BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION INTERN – Eduardo Serrano, Deputy Director, Research Business
Note: This position is located on the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, approximately 2 hours from Chapel Hill.
NUTRITION RESEARCH INSTITUTE, KANNAPOLIS, NC
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
The Intern will serve as an integral member of the UNC Nutrition Research Institute’s (NRI) Strategic Planning and Implementation team and may support any or all of the following: organizational strategy development, community input management, strategy implementation, and operational effectiveness for the UNC NRI. The program may be tailored to policy development or other business related programs.
The intern will work closely with all strategic planning working groups, including a wide range of administrative units that support UNC NRI’s researchers and laboratories such as Grants/Finance, Development and Outreach, Facilities, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, HR/Recruitment and Retention. The internship will allow the intern to be involved not just with the planning of our goals, but also gain hands-on practice in implementing some of our priorities during the summer.
Candidate must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of an undergraduate or master’s degree-granting business administration or similar program during the internship.
- Experience conducting independent research and data analysis preferred.
- Communications skills (listening, speaking, and writing) a must.
- Ability to conduct thorough desk research and synthesize information clearly and succinctly and communicate to senior team members and supervisors as needed.
- Exceptional copyediting skills and keen attention to detail. Policy development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated discretion with sensitive organizational information and strategic planning.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple team members.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of functional and research expertise.
- Flexibility and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift regularly.
- Intermediate/Advance skillset in Excel preferred.
- Remote, unless local, or combination of on-site and remote when University reopens.
- Hours are negotiable, especially if the student is earning class credit in a practicum/work-study type scenario. (10-15 hours weekly minimum, but open to full-time)
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in getting business administration experience in a research setting, please complete the requirements through the NRI Intern webpage. https://uncnri.org/internships/
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted through the link above. (Click Apply-Business).
Position available immediately.