AFTERNOON SHUTTLE DRIVER – NUTRITION RESEARCH INSTITUTE
This temporary position is located at the UNC Nutrition Research Institute on the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC (approximately 20 miles from Charlotte and 2 hours from UNC Chapel Hill’s main campus).
We are seeking a reliable driver for a 12-passenger van to drive faculty and students from our campus in Chapel Hill to our campus in Kannapolis. This is a 4+ hour round trip, Monday through Thursday, with occasional Fridays.
- Safely, skillfully, and courteously operating standard vehicles in the performance of recurring tasks with established parameters and limited variety.
- Being responsible for the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of passengers.
- Driving vehicles according to appropriate standards and established routes.
- Accurately maintaining standard mileage as required.
- Immediately informing supervisor about problems with vehicles to avoid potential safety problems.
- Reporting needed repairs to supervisor.
- Recognizing emergency situations and following appropriate procedures.
- Adhering to traffic laws and other established regulatory requirements in the performance of daily tasks.
Minimum Training & Experience
Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Requires appropriate licenses or certifications to operate assigned types of vehicles.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess necessary licenses or certifications to operate assigned types of vehicles or equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability and timeliness.
To learn more or apply, visit: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/199168
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.