PROGRAM COORDINATOR (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
Looking for a people-oriented independent contractor with attention to detail to assist in logistical aspects of the NRI’s research programs, workshops, and symposia events.
The Program Coordinator provides logistical programming management for symposia, workshops, conferences of various size, seminar series, graduate student events, faculty enrichment programs administration, and employee training and development programs and reports to the Assistant Director of Programs, Training, & Partner Resources. This position manages multiple student intern programming initiatives. The Program Coordinator is charged with student support, a vital role given the Institute’s remote location. The Program Coordinator also manages a variety of functions that require coordination with other units within the department, the university, and outside the university.
- NGX and Symposia: Project manager for annual Nutrigenetics, Nutrigenomics, and Precision Nutrition conference and symposia including oversight of all components except scientific content. May include the following: initial communication/outreach to potential participants, registration, venue selection and travel accommodations as needed during the event, catering, IT support, lodging for participants when not at event venue, coordination of travel, lodging, and payment of speakers, and social events and activities associated with the conference. This position manages the Saliva project, orders and prepares all conference materials, and coordinates Registered Dietician credits through UNC Nutrition Dept. The Program Coordinator is expected to be onsite throughout the event to handle crises that may arise, and oversees the event from cradle to grave, including a post-event evaluation and responsibility for creating an improvement plan for subsequent events. This position also oversees payment of all costs related to event in coordination with the NRI’s Finance Team.
- Seminar Series: Works with faculty coordinator to oversee logistical planning and execution of monthly (sometimes twice monthly) faculty seminar series. This includes initial communication/outreach to potential participants, room reservations and/or virtual logistics, catering, IT support, travel and lodging for participants, and social events and activities associated with the visit.
- Student Intern Programming: Helps manage the Institute’s student outreach programs, including onsite internships, Virtual Intern Program (VIP), and group visits and outreach. Manages all required forms for University level intern approval, monitor intern email account, manage communication process of approval and raining requirements for sponsoring NRI employees. Investigates additional outreach programming opportunities with local school systems, community colleges, and universities.
- Faculty and Graduate Student Candidate Visits: Working with the AD and HR positions, organizes faculty and graduate student candidate visits, including scheduling, content, communication with participants, and travel and lodging.
- Misc Other Programming: Works with faculty on external programming and execution of professional scientific organization events as part of their faculty service requirement. May include travel to offsite venues during event.
To be considered, submit your resume, statement of qualifications, and 3 professional references to Eduardo_Serrano@unc.edu.