Do you have a desire to improve your relationship with food? Have you wanted to lose or maintain previous weight loss? Researchers at the UNC-CH School of Social Work and the UNC Nutrition Research Institute in Kannapolis are conducting a 6-month research study where participants will learn how to self-monitor their episodes of hunger and fullness and improve their eating behaviors.
Study Purpose: To test an intervention that may help you to decrease emotional eating and improve weight management.
• Adults age 18-65 years old
• Meet BMI requirements for overweight or obesity
Participation in this study will include:
• Attending 12 classes (delivered through Zoom)
• Self-monitoring your appetite through a smartphone app
• Receiving a WIFI scale and a FitBit
• Completing questionnaires related to your health and eating habits
• Three face-to-face check-ins with the research team
To thank participants for their time and participation, they will be compensated up to $105 total over the course of the study.
To learn more and see if you are eligible, click here.
Contact us: If you would like to speak to a member of the research team, please contact the SATISFY Study team at (704) 250-5085 or email us at LFLstudies@unc.edu
Please note: Participation in the SATISFY Study is optional. Your decision to participate will not affect your ability to obtain healthcare insurance.
University of North Carolina: IRB #21-2598 • PI: Dr. Rachel Goode, Approved 02-04-2022
Post: February 15, 2022