The NRI and this position are in Kannapolis, NC, in the Charlotte region.
The technician will be responsible for the following: Lab administration, including placing orders; acting as a technical expert in completing and troubleshooting specialized/complex laboratory procedures; provide input into written documents such as manuscripts, slides, and poster presentations; preparing reports; and presenting results at lab meetings
Minimum Education and Experience: Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in performing experiments and troubleshooting lab procedures
- Willingness to stay current with developments and trends in fetal alcohol spectrum disorders
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience required. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions
- Knowledge in specialized experimental procedures (e.g., stereological analysis, Sholl analysis, Western blot, ELISA, PCR, immunohistochemical labeling, behavior testing, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of standardized or specialized procedures and the ability to safely operate instruments and equipment (e.g., microscope, cryostat, gel rigs, PCR machines, behavior test boxes and equipment)
To learn more and apply, visit: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/228204
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.