December 29, 2017
Recipe by Chef Mark Allison
Director of Culinary Nutrition
Dole Nutrition Institute
Caramelized Pear, Roasted Tomato and Lentil Salad Ingredients
- 2 small tomatoes, still on the vine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 ripe DOLE® Pears, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup DOLE Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) DOLE Butter Bliss
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast vine-ripened tomatoes 15 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and agave nectar in skillet. Add pears; simmer for 15 minutes or until soft, turning once. Remove pears from heat; set aside.
- Toss lentils, walnuts, green onions, chili pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Arrange DOLE Butter Bliss salad blend on serving platter. Drizzle salad with remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Top with lentil salad, caramelized pears and roasted tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Tip: Take your time pan-roasting the pears. The cooking time will vary according to the pears’ firmness.
Recipe courtesy of: www.Dole.com