Study Purpose: To evaluate the impact of regular, professional, non-surgical Intensive Periodontal Therapy (scaling, root planning, and optimal oral hygiene with associated professional oral health behavior advice) to find out whether the effects of oral health are associated with corresponding changes in general health.
- Between 18 to 70 years of age
- Able to speak and read English
- Have at least 16 teeth present
- Have a history of Type 2 Diabetes, Prediabetes, or Cardiovascular disease
- Access to iOS or Android devices
Note: Females of childbearing potential must be willing to take a pregnancy test
Participation in this study will include:
- Multiple study visits over the course of 2 years
Compensation: Qualified participants will be paid up to $840 and will receive at least $1000 in dental treatments & $500 in products.
Interested or have questions? Call: 704-250-5044 or email HRC_Studies@unc.edu.