Recipe by Chef Megan Lambert, Senior Instructor at Johnson & Wales University, Charlotte, NC.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Serves: 6 – 8
2 ripe avocadoes, mashed, about 1 ½ cups
½ cup apple juice
2 tbsp special dark or Dutch cocoa powder
1 cup high-quality chocolate chips
- Place avocados, apple juice, and cocoa powder in a blender together until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted, but not too hot.
- Pour half of the avocado mixture into the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add the other half of the avocado mixture.
- Chill the chocolate mixture until very cold, at least two hours, or overnight.
- Place the chocolate mixture into a stand mixer and whip until fluffy.
Pipe or scoop into cups or tart shells for service. This mixture also works well, piped into molds and frozen, for popsicles!