Summer calls for meals that are light, refreshing, and require minimal effort in the kitchen. Instead of enduring the heat or ordering takeout, why not explore the world of delicious no-cook recipes? They are not only perfect for combating the scorching weather but also allow you to enjoy the vibrant flavors of fresh ingredients without the need for any heat sources.
To tantalize your taste buds and keep you cool, try this delectable recipe, Mango and Black Bean Salsa. Packed with colorful foods, tangy mango, nutritious black beans, and a zesty lime, this salsa is a true celebration of summer’s bounty. The best part? It requires no cooking whatsoever!
Research has shown mango impacts the gut microbiota by reducing gut inflammation. And compounds in black jamapa beans has the ability to affect both carcinoma and precancerous cells. This research indicates the polyphenols in black jamapa beans have anti-cancer potential.
Serves Four to Six
- 1 ½ cups of black beans (15-oz. can)
- 1 ½ cups of mango, finely diced
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- ¾ cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Rinse black beans. Dice mango, onion and red pepper finely.
- Add grated ginger and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice of one orange over the black bean mixture. Fold in the lime juice and zest with sea salt and paprika to fully incorporate mixture.
- Serve with chips, rice, or as a side to fish.